With the increasing number of design build projects, Contractors are getting involved with in-house document preparation and development, some with their own design staff. As the contract dollar amounts increase, the liability does so equally. This session builds on the Project Architect program with an emphasis on the benefits of introducing specifications into the existing culture of working with only drawings. This program is also customizable based on need.
- Understand organization of specifications and how they relate to the drawings
- Consistent and correct use of language for communicating with the project team
- Understand Division 01 – General Requirements and their relationship to Divisions 02-50
- Ability to identify products and categorize them according to MasterFormat
- Understand the structure of a CSI 3-Part Specification and ability to locate information within
- Evaluating substitutions
- Connect with product representatives