Specifications extend beyond the actual editing of Sections. Between setting up the project on the software system to communicating with consultants and compiling the final document, the involvement is truly beginning to end. This program is designed to give the person responsible for coordinating the documents, a knowledgeable perspective in order to be a more effective and integral member of the team.
- Set up a project using (your) office software
- Add required specification sections to a project using office software
- Format specifications using headers and footers for the project
- Understand what Sections are provided by the Architect and which are expected from other consultants
- Incorporate redlines with a higher level of understanding
- Run QA reports and review with PA, PM, or QA person
- Compile project manual, including coordination of the consultant specifications
- Prepare final table of contents and cover and stamp pages for each formal issuance
- Understand organization of specifications and how they relate to the drawings
- Identify products and categorize them according to MasterFormat
- Understand the structure of a CSI 3-Part Specification and locate information within
- Develop a table of contents from a set of drawings
Anticipated Timeframe: Eight weeks to complete the material, plus a year of unlimited coaching and mentoring.