Part of being a valuable resource to the construction industry is being able to read and write specifications. Communicating through the written word is equally important as reviewing the drawings. This program is designed for a more in-depth understanding of the integration and development of specifications.
- Understand organization of specifications and how they relate to the drawings
- Understand what drawings are being produced for each stage of project development to better assist the architect or contractor with pricing
- Ability to identify products and categorize them according to MasterFormat
- Understand the structure of a CSI 3-Part Specification and ability to locate information within
- Develop basic specification sections using office master
- Modify a manufacturer’s specification for a project
- Understand Division 01 – General Requirements and its relationship to the General Conditions and each product / material / assembly